Civic engagement means working to make a difference in the civic life of our communities and developing the combination of knowledge, skills, values, and motivation to make that difference. It means promoting the quality of life in a community, through both political and non-political processes.
AMERICANA NUEVA is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit FOUNDATION. we support local organizations AND INDIVIDUALS who wish to create POSITIVE change in their community. We PREVENT THE USUAL CONDITIONS SET BY socio-economic LIMITATIONS. We CREATE high impact projects OR GROW EXISTING PROGRAMS that highlight: COMMUNITY, EDUCATION, and CULTURE that FURTHER strengthens WHAT local neighborhoods WERE AND CONTINUE TO BE BUILT ON.
we SPECIALIZE IN DEVELOPING programs that give youth AND THEIR FAMILIES an outlet whether it be in the arts, ATHLETICS, SCIENCES, or finding them options not available in traditional education.
It is a powerful way we encourage CIVIC AND social innovation, allowing new ideas to grow and develop unhampered by administrative burdens and bureaucratic red tape that keeps some great ideas out of the civic marketplace.
COMPREHENSIVE FISCAL SPONSORSHIP
FISCAL SPONSORSHIP ALLOWS NEW COMMUNITY VENTURES TO MORE QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY GET UP AND OFF THE GROUND, WITHOUT THE DELAY OR BUREAUCRATIC RED-TAPE ASSOCIATED WITH COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT.
FISCAL SPONSORS PLACE PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION RESPONSIBILITY IN THE HANDS OF PROJECT LEADERS, AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS WHILE STAYING CAREFULLY ATTUNED TO PROJECT FINANCIAL AND PROGRAM PERFORMANCE AND REMAINING INFORMED ABOUT PROJECT MISSIONS AND ACTIVITIES. FISCAL SPONSORS EXPRESS A RANGE OF GOALS THAT ANIMATE THEIR MISSIONS.
THESE GOALS INCLUDE:
• TESTING AND ACCELERATING PUBLIC INTEREST IDEAS INTO EFFECTIVE SOCIAL AND CIVIC ACTION
• FOSTERING SOCIAL INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
• ADVANCING THE EMERGENCE OF ABLE, CREATIVE COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
• PROMOTING WELL-MANAGED SOLUTIONS AND FISCAL EFFICIENCY IN ADDRESSING SOCIAL PROBLEMS OR CHALLENGES
• PROVIDING LONG TERM, EFFICIENT, PERMANENT PROJECT INFRASTRUCTURE
• TRANSFERRING THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND HABITS OF EXCELLENT ORGANIZATIONAL OPERATION
• STRENGTHENING THE PRESENCE, VOICE, AND EFFECTIVENESS OF CIVIL SOCIETY